澳洲打工和旅行簽證 Australia Work and Holiday Visa （開始了！）Thursday, February 05, 2009
之前和大家提過的Australia Work and Holiday Visa終于開始了。一年只公開100個位子供申請，可以去澳洲12個月，簽證申請費用是 AUD$195 （相等于RM$468，如乘于2.4的換算率）。其他申請條件就如之前提過的。。。比紐西蘭的WHV有難度。
The Work and Holiday visa is for tertiary educated people aged 18 to 30 who are interested in a working holiday of up to 12 months in Australia. This visa allows you to supplement the cost of your holiday through periods of temporary or casual employment.
Under the Malaysia/Australia Work and Holiday program an annual limit of 100 Work and Holiday visas are available per year.
Note: You must not make arrangements to travel to Australia until you are advised that your visa has been granted.
You may be eligible for a Work and Holiday visa if you:
- are aged 18 to 30 years (inclusive) on the date you apply
- hold a passport from Malaysia
- have a letter of good conduct from your government
- have not previously held a Working Holiday (subclass 417) or Work and Holiday (subclass 462) visa
You must provide documentary evidence of your English level when you lodge your visa application. You must provide evidence that you have done one of the following:
- Achieved an IELTS average band score of at least 4.5 based on the four test components of speaking, reading, writing and listening in a test conducted no more than two (2) years before lodging the visa application. For visa purposes you only need to sit the General Training Module, or
- Achieved a TOEFL score of 133 on a computer based test, or 450 on a paper based test or 45-46 on an internet-based test, no more than two (2) years before lodging the visa application, or
- Passed the Occupational English Test no more than two (2) years before lodging the visa application, or
- Completed all years of primary education and at least three (3) years of secondary education at an educational institution in which all instruction was conducted in English, or
- Completed at least five (5) years of secondary education (high school) at an educational institution in which all instruction was conducted in English, or
- Completed a post-secondary qualification that required at least two (2)years of full-time study or training, in which all tuition was in English, or
- Successfully completed, in Australia, at least one (1) year of full-time study or equivalent part-time study towards a degree, higher degree, diploma or associate diploma at an institution or institutions where all the instruction was conducted in English
You must provide a certified copy of a bank statement showing you have access to appropriate funds, generally at least AUD$5,000 to support the initial stage of your holiday. This amount will vary depending on your proposed length of stay and the extent of your travel.
You must also provide evidence of a return or onward ticket or the funds for a fare to leave Australia.
Government Approval and Character Requirements
All applicants must meet character requirements. You must provide the department with a Letter of Good Conduct in support of your application to apply for a Work and Holiday visa. This letter must be the original letter of approval from Wisma Putra.
Note: The letter of support does not guarantee a place in the Work and Holiday program.
You will need to undergo a chest x-ray. Depending on your personal circumstances you may also need to undertake additional medical examinations. Information about undergoing health examinations, including the location of panel doctors, is available on the department’s website here.
Work and Holiday Visa Charges
The Visa Application Charge must accompany your application and is generally not refunded if the application is unsuccessful.
Please click here for current charges.
How to Apply:
- Visit the Department of Immigration and Citizenship website and download form 1208. This form includes detailed instructions
- Complete the form and follow the instructions to assemble the necessary documents
- Obtain a letter of support from Wisma Putra
- Lodge your application and supporting documentation in person or by courier at:
6 Jalan Yap Kwan Seng
KUALA LUMPUR 50450
Mail your application and supporting documentation to:
PO Box 10921